Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capping one side of exhaust

Hi All,

Not sure if it's been discussed, but has anyone capped one side of the exhaust and run a single exhaust like a slip on?

Will it hurt performance?

I was thinking going out the right side, but the pipe bends to exit to the right.

The left is more of a straight shot out, but the right looks better.

dinky,

Have a look at page 2 here, Dinky:

https://zzrbikes.com/forum/bikes/zzr...-headers/page2
    I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Thanks,

But I was looking more or less to just put a cap on one side and slip on the other.

Although I would do that if I had a proper welder and pipe stock.

Comment

I think that with the restriction in place, you would use only half the volume of the midpipe.
        I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

I did mine. I spliced it and shaped it as smooth as I could right at the bend rather than just a cap. I then added a stainless mid pipe and a short single. Its high, tight and I love it. I noticec no obvious petformance change, just looks good and soubds at high rpm
          ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
            I did mine. I spliced it and shaped it as smooth as I could right at the bend rather than just a cap. I then added a stainless mid pipe and a short single. Its high, tight and I love it. I noticec no obvious petformance change, just looks good and soubds at high rpm
            ​​​​​
            I wouldn't mind doing that too, but I don't have to tools nor skill to make it look good....so capping is my only option.

Comment

Working...
            X