Synthetic Oil or not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Synthetic Oil or not

I ran some cheap Caltex oil in the R1 when I bought it to clean the engine. But it is happier on a full synthetic - mainly better shifting.
    "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

i´m just a moto-fan, but every time i ever heared: synthetic is better, ... by the way, do you know wich one , oil filter is indicate for this bike, manual say `USE ONLY ORIGINAL OIL FILTER¨ , but there is not kawa-brand oil filter, wich one is the original.. (i´m in order to change it)

thnx gaes..

Comment

Originally posted by cesar peralta View Post
        i´m just a moto-fan, but every time i ever heared: synthetic is better, ... by the way, do you know wich one , oil filter is indicate for this bike, manual say `USE ONLY ORIGINAL OIL FILTER¨ , but there is not kawa-brand oil filter, wich one is the original.. (i´m in order to change it)

thnx gaes..
        Try using the Hi Flo HF 401 filter.

Be advised this is a cartridge style filter and not a screw on. Also be sure to remove BOTH drain plugs.

As for which oil to use, many of us use the Shell Rotella T6 synthetic with no issues.

Hope this helps.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Here are a few others:

Amsoil: SMF 101
          CarQuest: CFI-89941
          Emgo: 10-37500
          Fram: CH6012 of CH6009
          Hastings: LF571
          Honda: 15410-426-010 or 15410-300-024
          Kawasaki: 16099-003
          K&N: KN-401
          NAPA: 4941
          Perf-Form: J-501
          Purolator: ML16812
          STP: SMO-12 or SMO-09
          Triumph: 1210031
          Yamaha: 36Y-13441-00

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Try using the Hi Flo HF 401 filter.

Be advised this is a cartridge style filter and not a screw on. Also be sure to remove BOTH drain plugs.

As for which oil to use, many of us use the Shell Rotella T6 synthetic with no issues.

Hope this helps.
            +1 for HiFloFiltro and Rotella T6
            “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Everyone uses different oil, and it all seems to work just fine.
              KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Is baby oil...... oil Peace

Comment

Yes zz-r, baby oil is oil....so is tea tree oil...oil....says it right there in the name, can't lie about those things these days am-I-right. If carrying a quart of baby oil is too much, and the baby is hard to hold while riding, you could always top off with muffler bearing grease. My personal preference is toping off with K9P or Prop-wash for a cleaner oil change later......

Comment

Originally posted by bretb View Post
                    Yes zz-r, baby oil is oil....so is tea tree oil...oil....says it right there in the name, can't lie about those things these days am-I-right. If carrying a quart of baby oil is too much, and the baby is hard to hold while riding, you could always top off with muffler bearing grease. My personal preference is toping off with K9P or Prop-wash for a cleaner oil change later......
                    Never heard of muffler bearing grease?

Have changed blinker fluid many times though

Gotta love oil threads!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X