No announcement yet.

Abducted by a ZZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Africa, I am proud to say my hometown is the birth place of Brad and Darryn Binder actually.

I've used Motul in the past on my hondas and I had zero issues but with the BMWs I switched over to Castrol as a lot of people recommended it and it served me well.

Comment

I’ve been running Motul semi synthetic in all of my bikes for years. My drag racing motorcycle mechanic turned me on to it when I had my ZZR and it’s been my go to ever since.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
        I’ve been running Motul semi synthetic in all of my bikes for years. My drag racing motorcycle mechanic turned me on to it when I had my ZZR and it’s been my go to ever since.
        Well, that settles it then, I'm going to pick up 4 liters of Motul 10w40 5100 this afternoon then.

Comment

I had the same issue with a false neutral between 5th and 6th when I bought my Zed at 25,000 miles. It had been dealer serviced from new, and they had used a dino oil.

I changed to a Silkolene semi, which improved the shift quality but I still had the occasional false neutral. So thinking more is better, I changed to a full synthetic and that was the end of the false neutrals. The shift quality improved further and stayed consistent for the life of the oil, although I did have an oil leak from the valve cover to deal with some time later.

I use Penrite oils, which are Australian and unlikely to be sold where you are. Shell Advance full synthetic is a good quality and underrated oil.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Moise; 01-06-2022, 02:54 PM.
          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
          99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieBGood View Post
            I am proud to say my hometown is the birth place of Brad and Darryn Binder actually.
            Poitjie Stroom?!! Mooi man! I went to 'College' back when the dead sea was still in ICU.
            Time flies like an arrow;
            Fruit flies like a banana!

Comment

Potchefstroom, kerel!
              I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Thanks for these links! I just ordered the second option.

"Here's to our men in uniform. ALL uniforms." Maximus
                "If you can't get it done on a ZZR1200, you can't get it done on a 14 either." CrazyTrain
                "If the space shuttle didn't keep exploding it would be a pretty good space ship." helodoc
                "Re: Turbo-Connie: It had to be done...
                Like putting a solid-fuel rocket booster on a wheelchair." Danno

Comment

Working...
                X