Zzr1200 Quarter mile 5000 ft altitude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zzr1200 Quarter mile 5000 ft altitude

I live in Albuquerque at 5000 ft elevation. I was wondering if any one has ran a quarter mile at higher elevation and what I should expect out of a zzr1200. Info on quarter mile time. Maybe 0 to 60?

We have had a few guys on here that ran the quarter a while back. Namely Quickkaw. Pretty sure he was in the 10's but I doubt it was at 5000 ft.

Comment

BTW, welcome to the site. What year are you running?

Comment

If you want to try it out, near reno nevada there is top gun raceway which is a hair shy of 4000 feet. I live up at 5000 ft and regularly ride up to 7000 feet. The drop in power as you climb is noticable but still pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
          We have had a few guys on here that ran the quarter a while back. Namely Quickkaw. Pretty sure he was in the 10's but I doubt it was at 5000 ft.
          I ran an 02 Zed at 10.01. But at 1100 ft.
          sigpic
          Dads Little Girl, Collette, I Miss you everyday !
          Nina once told Me "Dont worry dad Big fishes take care of little fishes"

Comment

In vegas , about 2000 ft elevation i ran 11.3. Bike pretty much stock beside a jet kit. Oh and it was my first time doing it...lol

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran mine at Sonoma raceway abotu 4-5 times. My best was 10.95 its not the best track for fast times... headwind and hot.... That was a ZED with all the common mods.. jet kit, slip ons, ignition advancer, coil sticks, here in the video I am beating a CBr900 he got me in a few of the other races. but on motor it was dead even with him. its still a fast bike. My H2 is a handful to drag race I hit a 10.5 using the launch mode.. that really limits power in 1-2nd... Front wheel comes up in 4th... takes some balls.. plan to take it back with latest round of mods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpSv_gsacr8 it takes a lot of skill to get under 11.0 with a zed.
              Last edited by jmenon; 04-11-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Best I could get on the ZZR was 10.70. strapped and lowered.

That was at 1145' elevation going to 5000' elevation will probably add about a 1/2 second to your ET

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Working...
                X