Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about 6 months and 5000 klms later ...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about 6 months and 5000 klms later ...........

Since getting the bike early last September with only 22300 klms on the clock, totally original and in great shape I have added 25mm bar risers, heavy bar ends, 25mm lower rider pegs, a Corbin seat (courtesy of Anita), Staintune mufflers, K&N Air Filter, headlight protector, tanks pads and heated grips. The bike is now much more comfortable over long distance, man that OEM seat is a punish. And the engine does seem to breath a whole lot better and 'spin up' much easier with the Staintunes and the K&N filter. Prior to those mods it had a tendancy to hesitate and/or 'bog' a little when getting on the gas between 3500-4000 rpm. Although, to be fair, I'm pretty sure it was still running the original (from new) air filter, so maybe a new OEM filter would have had the same effect. I gave the bike a 'tub' this morning following a 200 klm ride yesterday and I thought I would share some pics ............. tidies up pretty well I reckon.

Looks great Garyclem! She's a beauty! May I ask, where did you get the headlight protector from?
    2002 ZZR1200, 2007 VTX1800C, 1992 Stealth Twin Turbo

Comment

Thanks Jim ........ it is a Ventura and was NOS on EBAY from a bike shop in Wagga Wagga ..... I think they only had this one. But there are others ........ https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KAWASAKI...EAAOSwRLZUJqx2
      Last edited by garyclem; 03-10-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Congrats!

Great looking bike!

Glad you have it kitted up the way you like it and are getting some riding in.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Looks good, Gary. I also run Staintunes, and a K&N filter. But I also changed the jetting with a kit from Factory Pro. It never hesitates.
          It is now even more responsive since converting to stick coils.

Originally posted by JimJ View Post
          Looks great Garyclem! She's a beauty! May I ask, where did you get the headlight protector from?
          Another one is here.
          Last edited by BillDownUnder; 03-11-2019, 06:33 PM.
          I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Thanks for the links Gary and Bill - much appreciated!
            2002 ZZR1200, 2007 VTX1800C, 1992 Stealth Twin Turbo

Comment

How do those headlight protectors stand up to heat? I put some 80 watt bulbs in my headlights and "bubbled" the vinyl headlight tint that was on there

Comment

I have used both Ventura and AMHP headlight protectors, and have found no issues. There is minor airflow behind the screens because the fasteners ensure they don't touch the headlight assembly. I gave up on the Ventura ones because they fell off after a few years! The fasteners weren't as good as the AMHP ones.
                I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Gorgeous color.

Comment

Love that colour!!

Comment

It is a great color - it looks good on a 14 too. They would look good together! Nice find by the way. I had a ZZR1200 for a number of years. I loved it and only sold it because someone offered me a really good price for it at the time. I decided to take the money and upgrade to the 14. There are some great deals out there on low mileage garage queens. It appears you found a nice example. Congrats on your new to you ride!! And welcome to the site.
                      Last edited by NotDeadYet; 03-16-2019, 11:52 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I remember when mine was that colour - particularly the wheels ..

Sweet
                        An Englishman, has all the qualities of a poker - except the occasional warmth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X