How are the Michelin Pilot Road 5's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news CHARLIE ... Thanks!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

The Road 5 on the back of my ZRX1200 handles very nicely, especially in the corners. The softer compound on the edges allow for a nice turn-in.

A friend of mine has them on his FJR1300 (without the GT version) and thinks they're excellent. However he recommends not to let the front pressure drop below 36psi, or it gets a bit squirelly.
      I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Just to confirm that Michelin still make the PR2. It may not be readily available, but that will be people choosing not to sell it.

I'll be interested to hear how you find the PR5. The tyre construction is quite different to the previous versions and you might want to fit them as pairs.
        "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
        99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I have 2000 km on the new PR5 and love Them ????
          CARRAS - ZZR1100D1 + ZZR1200C1

Comment

CARRAS - ZZR1100D1 + ZZR1200C1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
              I'll be interested to hear how you find the PR5. The tyre construction is quite different to the previous versions and you might want to fit them as pairs.
              The rear tyre on the ZZR is a near new PR2, so no point swapping that for a new PR5. So far no conflict, all feels good.
              I'll report more when I get back from my Phillip Island trip (around 8000 km).
              My son has a pair of PR5s on his ZX12R and is doing the trip with me.

Comment

From what I've read, the Road 5 has much better wet grip, plus great edge grip from the sticky rubber on the shoulders. Probably OK if it's on the front, but not so good as a rear with an older tyre on the front.
                "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                99 Yamaha R1

Comment

My ZRX1200S: PR5 rear, new, BT023 front, almost worn. No problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X