No announcement yet.

The mighty RUBY...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Ruby is a beauty. I’ve always lusted after that bike but alas, I never got to own one. My g/f’s name is Ruby so I’m biased.

I admit I’m biased about the green 14 too. I’ve always loved the golden blaze green metallic. As Kermit says “it’s not easy being green.”
    F48F42DE-5D7A-48DF-9CAF-FA93589B67EB.jpg C9FA0CC8-85AA-4FC7-93CC-F25B3551BDB2.jpg
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 11-12-2021, 12:25 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Damn, double post.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Made the "mistake" of taking a zx14 for a test ride... It does everything I love about Ruby, more and better. In particular ABS and traction wizardry are appealing. I could easily (funds permitting) park one in my garage, but there would be a part of me that missed the old icon!

Truth be told if I was going to buy another bike I'd probably go for a GTR/Concourse 14 and sporty it up a bit (SportsScreen etc) then I'd get ABS, traction wizardry and a super clean shaft drive! But I've never ridden one so who knows...

(-8
        Time flies like an arrow;
        Fruit flies like a banana!

Comment

Originally posted by BrettZZR View Post
          Made the "mistake" of taking a zx14 for a test ride...

(-8
          Me too

If you're wanting a long distance tourer, I'd go with the C14 as it had hard bags, bigger windscreen and a more upright position.

However, you can easily do 400+ mile days on the ZX 14 which you can set up for the shorter trips.

Here is my set up:

DSC02284.jpg

I also have a soft tail bag as well as a tank bag that I can throw on if necessary.

Attached Files
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Made the "mistake" of taking a zx14 for a test ride...
            (-8
            Ditto. Liked it. But it has far more power than I would ever use.
            Several friends have and had the C14. They like them, but eventually opted for something else. Maintenance costs can be quite high.
            Personally, I would be looking for an FJR again if ever I wanted to get rid of the ZZR1200.

I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Made the "mistake" of taking a zx14 for a test ride... It does everything I love about Ruby, more and better. In particular ABS and traction wizardry are appealing. I could easily (funds permitting) park one in my garage, but there would be a part of me that missed the old icon!

Truth be told if I was going to buy another bike I'd probably go for a GTR/Concourse 14 and sporty it up a bit (SportsScreen etc) then I'd get ABS, traction wizardry and a super clean shaft drive! But I've never ridden one so who knows...

(-8
              I have had both, the Connie just does not handle well enough for provide enough thrills. The ZX14R is the best ST solution for me, I love this thing- six years now and still in love. As Mike notes a few mods and she is great all-day machine and the freaking torque just never ends...

G
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

PS your ZX11 is gorgeous, do not sell that one! I stared at one just like it for hours at the dealer back in 1994 and for some stupid reason I bought a VFR instead. WTF was I thinking...
                "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Beautiful bike and welcome aboard

I think the maroon ZX-11D/ZZR1100 is the prettiest bike ever made.

I'm very envious of your ride through W.A.!

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                  ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Working...
                  X