The mighty RUBY...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mighty RUBY...

Sorry if I'm going against convention here but I'm starting a thread for my bike and sh!t that I get up to with and on it because the available forum topics don't align with my (limited) logic on where to put things etc.

I'll repeat some of the pics that that have been posted before in other threads, but I'll keep stuff that is specific to this bike here from now.

(-B
    Time flies like an arrow;
    Fruit flies like a banana!

I painted the rims (eventually got around to doing the front one too...)

​​​​​​​Toc 6-pot calipers
    Bar risers
    ZZR1200 pipes
    Tail tidy
    Leather seat cover
    K&N filter
    100/130W halogen*

Can't think of anything else

*Yeah yeah, I upgraded the connector to a ceramic one with heavy gauge wires too...

Comment

Leaky fork seal:

Jeeves - is the hover-bike ready?

IMG_20211025_172351.jpg

Heh!

I was happy to find the "special tool" that I made last time I did them:

IMG_20211025_190905_2.jpg

Literally a large bolt tacked into a piece of square tube, and then I filed the hex to the correct size.

The Internet can be a pot of snot, but every now and then you find a gem! I saw this technique for driving the new seals home. Wasn't too impressed at the idea, but after my usual technique of tapping via the old seal gently all the way round was getting nowhere I decided to give it a go: put the old seal on and then (wipe and) wrap a bunch of masking tape around the tube. 6 or 8 big downward shoves and it was home. (You can see the tape has crinkled slightly). Winner! IMG_20211026_125340.jpg

Comment

The bike feels SO GOOD. Really planted and gave me more confidence than I've ever had on her.

Long weeked away to Jurien Bay. This is a beach town ~200kn north of Perth, but while my best mates missus went directly by car with all the luggage, our collective bodyweights in snacks and sweets etc, we went via open sweeping inland roads, mainly cutting through farmlands. Very little traffic, very little chance of encountering "enforcement"...

Comment

Screenshot_2021-11-01_12-43-44.png

Stopped for a Restroom break at Gingin:

original_a8dabc57-8813-4936-b425-6ae5a0acac4c_IMG_20211030_084704.jpg

And for a snack and fuel in Moora:

original_1b3eca5b-bf31-4569-9fbf-30a6f1434041_IMG_20211030_094953.jpg

Towns in country WA are wonderful time capsules from the 60s and 70s!

Comment

Had a great weekend doing not-a-lot...

IMG_20211030_190026.jpg

Comment

Isn't that last pic of the coastal submarine races?
              I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettZZR View Post
                Sorry if I'm going against convention here but I'm starting a thread for my bike and sh!t that I get up to with and on it because the available forum topics don't align with my (limited) logic on where to put things etc.

I'll repeat some of the pics that that have been posted before in other threads, but I'll keep stuff that is specific to this bike here from now.

(-B
                We don't have conventions here.

We have Rally's!

Not much logic here either so you should be fine

Bike looks great!!
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Dude! You bastidge! You stole my bike's name for your bike! I guess I'll let it go this time... Beautiful she is!

Comment

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing with us

Comment

Originally posted by BrettZZR View Post

One of the best-looking bikes ever made, in the best color for it. Bueno!
                      “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post

One of the best-looking bikes ever made, in the best color for it. Bueno!
                        Kawi lost the plot slightly with the 1200. If I had the room, I'd love an 1100 in that colour, or one of these.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                        99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Thanks for all the kind remarks. I really should keep the ol' girl cleaner!

I am in awe of what this bike can do:
                          > Comfy enough for the long road.
                          > Economical (if you can behave)
                          > Waay faster than me (I reckon in the right hands it would stick with anything you're likely to find in the hills)
                          > Grunt that doesn't stop until the world is blurry
                          > Still looks the biz

Back in the day I really loved this colour scheme:

and I've never really been a fan of red for vehicles, but Ruby has grown on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
                            Kawi lost the plot slightly with the 1200. If I had the room, I'd love an 1100 in that colour, or one of these.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
                            Agreed! I also love the 14 in Green...

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

When I first went Kawasaki shopping 20 or so years ago, I had the choice of a Ruby ZZR1100, or a ZRX1200.
                              I chose the Rex, never regretted it.
                              The ZZR1200 came a couple of years later, after I had also owned an FJR.
                              I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Working...
                              X