Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR1100 - Top of fork to top yoke distance

Hi all

New to the site here. so Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a 1994 ZZR1100 that is in need of some TLC.

I have completed the basic stuff oil, filter, spark plugs etc and the bike runs well. Brakes are seized and the fork seals are leaking so I tackled them next.

I took pics of everything I did with disassembling the front end..... but I forgot to measure the distance that the top of the fork protrudes about the top yoke. I can guestimate it from images, but I'm wondering if anyone knows the correct distance that the fork must proturde above the Top Yoke?

cheers.

Hi, you have a great bike. The forks go up into the top yoke until they stop. There is no set distance.They will not go beyond a certain point. That is of course if you have the standard top yoke.
    ZZR Riders don't die, we just reach light speed!

ZZRRIDER.COM

Comment

Great. Thanks for getting back to me. Bike is standard as far as I can see. It even has the original exhaust and end cans. After I've the seals done I'll reassemble and see how it goes.
      Cheers

Comment

Progressive for springs make a big difference in reducing dive. Combined with rotating the concentric chain adjusters 180 degrees transforms the handling.
        ZZR Riders don't die, we just reach light speed!

ZZRRIDER.COM

Comment

Reinstalled the forks without issue - thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
          X