Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a ZZR 1100 D shock be used on a C model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a ZZR 1100 D shock be used on a C model?

Hi Guys, I have a friend who has a ZZR 1100 c and his shock is no longer working. I have a spare D model shock and would like to know if he can use that? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.
    ZZR Riders don't die, we just reach light speed!

ZZRRIDER.COM

Are they the same length from mounting hole to mounting hole?
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I cant find the information on the web. The c model is 315mm eye to eye but I cant find the data for the D model. On the parts list they both look very similar but,as you are aware, that does not mean one can swap them.

ZZRRIDER.COM

Comment

Can you friend measure the eye to eye distance?

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

One of them (I never remember which one) is one inch longer than the other, so, it is not a direct fit.
          But if you use the donor's "dogbones", it will possibly be OK.

Comment

Yes, the C model is 315mm and the D is 340 so probably not a good fix.

ZZRRIDER.COM

Comment

Ha! I just asked the same question! Did you try? I have the D swingarm and I suspect linkages (I can't remember as I swapped it years ago - but I did not swap the shock, so been using the C one all this time with those if so. Just in the process of a bit of a restoration and seen the bump stop has perished on original shock (30 years - is that a record?) So looking to replace.

Comment

The shock is not interchangeable mate. You may be able to make it fit by changing the dog bones but it would make the ride height too extreme.

ZZRRIDER.COM

Comment

Cheers Michael. Yeah I guess you right - I did check/remember that I swapped the swing arm and linkage/bones about 15 years ago for ones from a D, but kept the original C shock. Now its time to replace I just need to work out what to do - it'll be a new one either way. I may knock up a temp 340mm strut to test what it would feel like height wise vs the 315 original, and see it there is likely to be any mechanical clearance/snagging. Its one of those things I really thought someone else would have tried before thats all - it does seem very quiet on here though.

Ta again!

Dave.

Comment

Glad you were able to get an answer.

It's quiet on hear due to COVID

Comment

Working...
                    X