Pilot Road 2 ...yes/nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Road 2 ...yes/nay

Tires!!! Is there any reason I don't want Michigan Pilot Road 2? What does that letter # after the tire size as in 73w 53w ? Are these still tires for me lol?? I am doing cyclegear since I can get my tires changed cheaper. I nearly bought a set of Pilot for 300 plus mount....I think the pilot 2 look a step up maybe.

The 'W' after the size is the speed rating. i.e.max recommended speed of 168mph
    Michelin are now onto 5th series of Pilot tires so a little old tech but still good tires. Kinda out of touch with US prices but $300 sounds high to me? I'd expect to get PR5's for that honestly. What price without fitting I wonder?
    Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
    A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

I ran 2 sets of the Road2's before going with the Road5's. They were great tires, both sets.
      I just went with the 5's to try something new. Glad I did. Can't remember what the 2's cost
      but the 5's I got for around 340.00, for the set, shipping included. The 5's, best tire I've ever
      had on the ole Zed. I mount my own so I can't give you a cost on that.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

^ What he said ....

PR2 were the best tyres I have had. Used them on my ZRX1200, ZX12R, FJ1200 and my ZZR1200.

That is, until I found the PR5. They're even better.

Stay away from PR3, PR4.
        I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

The number before the letter is the load index of the the tire aka max weight. Peace

Comment

I ran Road 2's when they were available and had great results.

However, I wasn't aware they were still even available???????

What is the "born on date" on the side of the tire?

If they're more than a couple of years old you might reconsider.

JMHO
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

When I bought the 14 back PR2's was what they put on it and I was surprised too. However the manufacture date was 2 months prior so apparently they are still churning them out. They are good tires though. Just not the latest and greatest from Big M.
              Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
              A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                I ran Road 2's when they were available and had great results.

However, I wasn't aware they were still even available???????

What is the "born on date" on the side of the tire?

If they're more than a couple of years old you might reconsider.

JMHO
                This. Check the date before you buy them.

I agree that the 2's were awesome. 3's no bueno. I like the 4's just fine.
                “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Shit, just go with the Road5's. Sometimes you just get what you pay for. I have around
                  4500 miles on mine so far, not real signs of giving up yet. They stay planted in the wet,
                  dry, the cold (so far) and aren't even bothered by "profiling grooves" when they repave roads.
                  I found this out this summer. Impressive as hell. (Well shit and hell in the same post)
                  I'll get demerits for that. Big-O watching.
                  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                  but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

So.. my next rear will be a road 5. I just couldn't swing the 5's right now. Cashier told me at cycle gear I was wanting to see the road 2. He said no way! Quit making them years ago....this is how it's done.....Me: That us so weird! I would have sworn where I saw them was you guys... Him: I'll be right back... Um, they have your size.. I will check the date for sure when they come. Can always return them for 5's lol. But being a adult isn't exactly my forte...I still need a hat!! And some kind of com for some tunes or phone.
                    I am leaning to a LS2 that flips all way back. I will add some tire pics soon!

Comment

I need to figure out the quote thing lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Regulator View Post
                        I need to figure out the quote thing lol!
                        Yes you do.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Regulator View Post
                          And some kind of com for some tunes or phone.
                          I am leaning to a LS2 that flips all way back. I will add some tire pics soon!
                          I like my LS2, but I do find it slightly tight at my forehead. Find one to try on before you buy.
                          I also like the Shark Evoline series. And FWIW, I prefer the Euro homologated versions of both, because they have the quick release buckle instead of the D rings.

I've been happy with Sena for comms. It's nice there are more options these days.
                          “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Working...
                          X