Mobile 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regulator View Post
    Wow!!!! Thanks Ramlin! Saved me some trouble in the future!! Ok, I am gonna stick with T6 then!
    I might have it wrong about M1, I wasn't certain about whether that modifier was a friction reduction agent. But, I know we have millions of miles here on T6 without issues.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

don't forget there are 3 drain plugs on the Zed

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post

I might have it wrong about M1, I wasn't certain about whether that modifier was a friction reduction agent. But, I know we have millions of miles here on T6 without issues.
        It seems now looking back some I believe that there was a different bike that I recall seeing Mobile 1 not working well with the clutch during the shifting..

Comment

Originally posted by NATURALBORNKILLAR View Post
          What you talking about killer? 2 and the oil filter hole?

Comment

What weight T6 do you guys use! Do they even carry a 10w 30? Do I use the 15w???

Comment

Originally posted by NATURALBORNKILLAR View Post
              Naughty!!!
              Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
              A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Mobil1 motorcycle 4T is just fine for the ole Zed. Now the Mobil1 that goes in my truck,
                not so much. Different stuff. I have a friend that gets me the 4T at almost what the
                stores pay for it, so it's a win win.
                "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

What Ramblin' said about comms. I have a modular Shoei and Sena comms. I use earbuds because I'm old and deaf and the mic boom bends around the chin guard.
                  CONNORWATCH.ORG

Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing.

Comment

2 drain plugs is all ever found. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Regulator View Post
                      What weight T6 do you guys use! Do they even carry a 10w 30? Do I use the 15w???
                      If I lived someplace cold and planned to ride during the cold weather, I'd think about the 5w-40.
                      For warm places, the 5w or 15w are likely both ok. I'd go 5w.

If you're only seeing the 5w-30, you're looking at the wrong one... The multi vehicle version is new to me. The description looks like it has additives. Might not be a good thing.

Yes this.
                      https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/prod...synthetic.html

No this.
                      https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/prod...eavy-duty.html

This one is the exact one I was using. But cheaper from Wally.
                      https://www.amazon.com/Shell-Rotella.../dp/B005CHT4W6
                      “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I think those are all the same thing Bret.

Just different packaging.

As long as there are no "friction reducers" added I think all should be good.

I'd definitely make sure though before adding.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                          I think those are all the same thing Bret.

Just different packaging.

As long as there are no "friction reducers" added I think all should be good.

I'd definitely make sure though before adding.
                          I wouldn't use the 5W-30, since it's not to spec on the high heat side.

Plus, this concerns me... until I know what those additives are... Friction reducers would be bad.
                          Uses fully synthetic base oils plus advanced additive technology

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post

I wouldn't use the 5W-30, since it's not to spec on the high heat side.

Plus, this concerns me... until I know what those additives are... Friction reducers would be bad.
                            I hear ya.

Here is some info on the type you quoted

https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/prod...icle-5w-30.pdf

Doesn't really go into specifics as to the additives either.

Guees a person could just stay with the old "tried and true" or give Shell a call for clarification.
                            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                            X