Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mobile 1

    The guy I got the bike from said he had the oil changed and they used a gallon on Bel-ray. I am not taking a chance of when or if it was done. I am going to add some Lucas and warm it up good dump the oil. Add Mobile 1 and K and N oil filter. I need to get a owners manual also. This oil needs to be checked on the stand with warm oil I believe? I saw something about keeping it very full on the window? Any good advice is welcome!! My phone..... Got my email that fed ex has it... they aren't in a hurry lol.

  • #2
    Make sure the plug well gaskets have been replaced . common cause for oil use on the ZX based engines . Kwick makes no flow plugs to go into the head that prevent future oil consumption.
    Kwick is on the ZRXOA web site . Keep oil at top of window , and Terry Kizzer aka Mr. Turbo showed me about 12 years ago how the ZX11 / ZRX / ZZR 1200 all can hold 1 gallon of oil perfectly with no windage issues

    Comment


    • #3
      plug well gasket? To be honest I have no clue what this is! If they had recently changed my oil my window is about 1/4 full cold. Ids there maybe a link to changing these guys and maybe pics of what they look like? I am going searching on this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok, I think that is I refer to as a spark plug boot?. When I do the oil I will look at those.


        Comment


        • #5
          Under valve cover looks like a snow man

          Comment


          • #6
            Personally, I use Shell Rotella T 6 synthetic in all of my bikes and have for years. Works great.

            You can get a gallon for around $25.

            Also, K&N oil filters aren't what they used t be. heard quite a few bad stories about their quality.

            Heard a lot of good thing about Hi-Flo filters.

            Just because it costs more doesn't mean it's better

            Use what you prefer of course
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Big o. Before I got sick I had a 2003 Z06 Corvette and They said... it was the first corvette to require Full Synthetic Mobile 1 due to the LS3 running so hot . Sounded good and it did run hot. BTW... It was yellow with a Borla exaust and short throw shifter. I want another one of those also lol! All this talk about I thought the quality with the K and N oil filter was $11.00 shipped. I also got a new air filter while this thing is opened up, Hiflofiltro. Wanted a K and N but think I can find one used maybe. but I would rather put that $$ toward frame sliders. I need them! Looking for a deal on them I hope, I never had them on my first zx... Also looking at Modular helmets and adding some king of communication. Liking the LS2 that flips all the way back, not sure how a com system would work with a modular either.

              Comment


              • #8
                I only logged on the ZXforums and it won't let me log in with my computer? I am betting some moderators in here and there that know somebody??? I am in the new member comments REGULATOR if you need email...speedtrap..... Anyone? I need to find new peeps still excited and old ones with the mega knowledge! Looking at gear indicator now lol!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Regulator View Post
                  I only logged on the ZXforums and it won't let me log in with my computer? I am betting some moderators in here and there that know somebody??? I am in the new member comments REGULATOR if you need email...speedtrap..... Anyone? I need to find new peeps still excited and old ones with the mega knowledge! Looking at gear indicator now lol!
                  Some of our members here are probably members over there but don't know about anybody having an "inside" over there.

                  You'll definitely find knowledgeable members here that are excited to talk about bikes!



                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Regulator View Post
                    Thanks Big o. Before I got sick I had a 2003 Z06 Corvette and They said... it was the first corvette to require Full Synthetic Mobile 1 due to the LS3 running so hot . Sounded good and it did run hot. BTW... It was yellow with a Borla exaust and short throw shifter. I want another one of those also lol! All this talk about I thought the quality with the K and N oil filter was $11.00 shipped. I also got a new air filter while this thing is opened up, Hiflofiltro. Wanted a K and N but think I can find one used maybe. but I would rather put that $$ toward frame sliders. I need them! Looking for a deal on them I hope, I never had them on my first zx... Also looking at Modular helmets and adding some king of communication. Liking the LS2 that flips all the way back, not sure how a com system would work with a modular either.
                    10-4 on all of the above.

                    You might try using the "search" feature for your initial research on some of your questions.

                    You might even find a thread to piggyback your question into.

                    I really doubt that there isn't an issue that hasn't been discussed on this forum.

                    PLEASE DON"T ASK ABOUT TIRES!!!
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      BTW

                      Here's mine

                      DSC01502.JPG
                      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Regulator View Post
                        Ok, I think that is I refer to as a spark plug boot?. When I do the oil I will look at those.

                        It's not the plug boot.

                        Here a little info about it:.

                        Granted, it's for a ZZR 1200 but a ZX 11 shouldn't be much different.

                        https://zzrbikes.com/forum/bikes/zzr...ug-gasket-leak
                        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Regulator View Post
                          Also looking at Modular helmets and adding some king of communication. Liking the LS2 that flips all the way back, not sure how a com system would work with a modular either.
                          Both the LS2 (I own one) and the Shark Evoline have room for in-helmet speakers, but I prefer to use in-ear buds for the noise blocking.
                          Sena has an adapter that connects to wired earbuds (no mic!) and has a boom mic that positions itself in the front of the chin bar.
                          https://www.amazon.com/Sena-SMH-A030.../dp/B003YD0YTM
                          “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Regulator View Post
                            Full Synthetic Mobile 1
                            IIRC, there's an additive in Mobile 1 that is a no-no for the big Zed.

                            From the ZZR1200 manual.
                            ZZR Oil Spec.jpg


                            Base M1 Synthetic does not offer a 10W40.
                            https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1

                            If you look at the 10W30 spec, it shows "resource conserving", which I think is a modifier that the clutch plates do not like.
                            " API SN, SM, SL, SJ, SN PLUS, SN PLUS RESOURCE CONSERVING "

                            I'd stick with Rotella T6. YMMV
                            “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow!!!! Thanks Ramlin! Saved me some trouble in the future!! Ok, I am gonna stick with T6 then!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X