Arrh.. Dead bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah.. I did, thanks.

Next thing to do is sort out the ticking and rough running coming from the engine.. she runs really rough with a nice tickety tickety tickety when she's ticking over and it sounds like the timing is a little off, I found a thread on here that points at the cam chain tensioner for the ticking sound and there's a lovely oil leak at the head gasket .. Think I've got some winter work ahead of me.

The workshop manual you pointed to was for a 1200, mine is an 1100 D3. Cheapest one I found for my bike was more than the Haynes manual direct from the Haynes website, so I'll take my chances. My Haynes for my XJR1300 is covered in oil from the last few winters tinkering, I'll put it to good use.

Damn, now I've got 2 bikes to repair. :)
    If you don't like my answer, ask someone else. If you ask me the same question again, I'll give you the same answer.

Comment

My bad.

Forgot it was an 1100.
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

LoL.. :)
        If you don't like my answer, ask someone else. If you ask me the same question again, I'll give you the same answer.

Comment

Working...
        X