About time I started a build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the sidestand back on

Then it was carb time......bit of WD-40 on the inlet rubbers and on they go, that beats the crap out of trying to get ancient Honda 4 carbs back on. Then......

Hooked the choke cable up and nothing further investigation shows that number 3 carb has a seized up choke plunger.
    So off they came, pulled that bit of number 3 apart and gave it some WD-40 loving and left it
    If it's not cooperating by tomorrow shall try heat gun persuasion, if that doesn't work then the choke activation slide thing gets bent in such a way that number 3 is out of the equation
    There would have been more activity but Mrs spotty came home in a cnut of a mood and consequently has made my life miserable for the rest of the day
    AND, I haven't got any beer

Comment

Originally posted by spotty View Post

I haven't got any beer

That would be the next thing I fixed
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

7A986108-CC0B-439F-B28D-47065167D4ED.png
        Last edited by NotDeadYet; 08-24-2019, 01:39 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

After much inactivity the last couple of weeks today I got the choke in number 3 freed up, put all that back together again, hooked the cables up ( throttle cables were a right pain until I worked it out, then of course it all made sense. )
          Carbs on and the back half of the airbox , though it's missing some of the screws that hold the two halves together. Should be able to find some at work tomorrow
          Chain on and joined with new link which went on easier than any o ring link I've ever encounter before, chain guard on
          Rear axle put through from the correct side and all done up though I just remembered I forgot to put the clips in on the ends of the axle
          Not much really but some progress none the less
          On a positive note, looks like Mrs spotty is going to kick me out of this tree lined hell hole and I might soon be back in suburbia with a proper garage again and no-one to tell me off for drinking beer
          Here's hoping anyways

Comment

Be nice to see one of an engine strip down and a rebuild. Nothing on YouTube as far as I can see.. I dint have a place or workshop to do it.

Comment

Comment

Mrs spotty advises me she will be babysitting for most of the weekend so should be able to get some work done without risking the loss of another testicle

Comment

Mrs spotty advises me she will be babysitting for most of the weekend so should be able to get some work done without risking the loss of another testicle
                  You still have one?

Must not have been married long
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

23 long long dark years........

Comment

23 long long dark years........

Comment

Well, she kept her promise and buggered off at lunchtime, unfortunately I celebrated with a large herbal cigarette and went to sleep....

See how we go tomorrow

Comment

Dark, wet and miserable today ( and the weather is crap too ) so no activity
                          going to try taking some panels to work this week so I can get on with prepping them and get paid to do it.....

Comment

Working...
                          X