About time I started a build thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this was an unpleasant surprise too

It's cleaner now after rinsing but still full of sludge so going to let it dry, shake up a whole load of nuts and bolts in there , shake out all the flakes and crap then phosphoric acid bath it

Comment

Also got another headlight and a r/h fairing as mine had the rear lug broken off
      this one has some cracks but nothing I can't fix

Comment

That's a strange place to put holes in a fuel tank

question is now, do I go looking for more holes, do I weld up, do I throw away

Comment

Originally posted by spotty View Post
          That's a strange place to put holes in a fuel tank

question is now, do I go looking for more holes, do I weld up, do I throw away
          If it were me, I'd look for a replacement tank.

Wouldn't take any chances on welding.

JMHO.

How difficult are tanks to find though?
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I have a used 04 Moonlight Silver tank that just came off my bike. No dents, just 2 nasty scratches. I'll be picking it up from the shop Thursday, if you're interested. I have a thread in the For Sale section I'll add pictures to.
            "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

Originally posted by amlehnus View Post
              I have a used 04 Moonlight Silver tank that just came off my bike. No dents, just 2 nasty scratches. I'll be picking it up from the shop Thursday, if you're interested. I have a thread in the For Sale section I'll add pictures to.
              He's riding a ZZR 1100.

Don't know if a 1200 tank will work
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

He's riding a ZZR 1100.

Don't know if a 1200 tank will work
                OOPS! Teach me to read the whole thread!
                "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

Thanks for the offer, would have made life easier, I'll probably go for repair with a mate who restores bikes for a living.
                  he recommends solder and reline but I tend to think brazing would work better and reline too
                  No hurry though, plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime

Got the new rear brake line on after giving the caliper another clean ( how do they get dirty ona bike that hasn't been off the bench since I put it on there...)

Sexy green......mmmmmmm

Comment

Today's progress.....

Shiny sexy green levers fitted

Engine fitted to cradle

Cradle fitted to frame

Sounds simple doesn't it ? With cleaning, greasing, swearing and grunting that lot took most of the last eight hours
                    But it's done now and crossed off the ever expanding list
                    Thanks to Mrs spotty and Geordie for assistance with lifting and bolt inserting at appropriate times
                    Hopefully carbs and exhaust tomorrow before I take me mum shopping like the good little son I am

Comment

Sexy green things

Comment

Let there be pipes

And more cracked bodywork

Comment

So what color you going to paint it?

Comment

At the moment I'm leaning towards satin black with stock style graphics in Kawasaki green

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X