About time I started a build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!

Those front brakes were definitely fooked!

No disc issues with the pads being worn so low?
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

No the discs aren't gouged out and still within spec thickness so maybe get one more set of pads over them then get some wavy finger slicers to replace them
      I've had wavys on the VMAX for years and had no probs
      I"m guessing the back brake doesn't get near as hard a time as the fronts on a zzr ?

Comment

Originally posted by spotty View Post
        No the discs aren't gouged out and still within spec thickness so maybe get one more set of pads over them then get some wavy finger slicers to replace them
        I've had wavys on the VMAX for years and had no probs
        I"m guessing the back brake doesn't get near as hard a time as the fronts on a zzr ?
        Does the ZZR have a rear brake? LOL
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I have this feeling I'm:in for a whole different riding experience with this one.....

Got a price on new tyres, shinko 010, $300 Aus fitted which seems reasonable, and the reviews I've seen seem positive
          Any opinions on them?

Comment

My nice new shiny led tail/brake light 'bulbs' turned up today....well one did, the other one is a indicator one
            honestly, for $2 on eBay, you'd expect better service

Comment

The Shinkos are considered a budget tire here in the U.S. Reviews are mixed. If you aren't happy with the riding experience when you are done, you should not give up on it until you have tried a proven good set of tires on her.

Enjoying your thread.

Comment

A question, are headlight and indicators the same for C and D models ?
                i'm having trouble finding part number listings for mine ( C ) to compare with later ones
                I need a new headlight and want to change the indicators to smoke

Comment

Well, just answered my own question

I looked up ZX11. instead of zzr and found the listings
                  It appears that there are different part numbers for everything I want between the C and D
                  bollocks

Comment

And then.....all the listings I can find gave different part numbers for each model, even between C2 and C3 etc which I assumed were just different year designation for the same bke ?.confused now
                    so back to the beginning....does anyone know ?

Comment

Well, got the front calipers cleaned and back together, stored away for when the bike starts going back together
                      back wheel had its bearings out, serious clean including the disc and sprocket and new bearings back in
                      Both wheels ready for tyres next week
                      Swingarm and shock out, stripped all the linkages and gave everything a good soak in thinners which has taken the Smeg off most stuff
                      Shock got a high pressure hot wash and came up looking a lot less second hand, still needs to be pulled apart and checked for fcukedness
                      Swingarm will get the pin and seals back in before a hot wash tomorrow
                      To get all this stuff out I've got the frame upside down so while it's there the centre and side stands can come off for a clean and paint
                      At the moment it looks like it's ready to go to the wreckers but hopefully it'll Start going back together this weekend

Comment

New tyres and front brake pads this morning

Been cleaning bits at work this week so as soon as it stops raining I can get painting ( the stands and swingarm first) and get some of it back together

Comment

Looking forward to the completed project.

Post some pics of the progress if you can

Comment

Busy day, got the swingarm and stands sprayed and back on, front end back in, both wheels finished and in
                            gave my new grease gun a good workout on the linkages
                            Got a lead on a new headlight I'm going to check out in the morning
                            Might see if he wants to part with the r/h lower fairing for a reasonable price too

Comment

At this rate I'll have the bugger finished by the weekend , I'll have to give the VMAX some much deserved lovin'

Comment

Now, which fuel cap should I use ?

Comment

Working...
                                X