ZZR1100 Clutch Basket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR1100 Clutch Basket

Hi all have a question just fitted clutch basket and new clutch plates the basket has slight float in it. Is that as it should be or is the roller bearing that it sits on in need of replacing

I do not have a bunch of experience with clutches, but I have never noticed much, if any movement from the basket. A little endplay movement would concern me less than up and down movement.

Comment

i got in contact with kawasaki and the mechanic recons they do float a little due to being on a needle roller bearing hes advice was to change it i agree with what you say though it concerned me to be honest so ive ordered a new bearing to hell with the expense

Comment

Better safe than sorry as they say. Surprised that a new bearing did not come with the basket.

So, welcome to the site. Care to say anything about yourself or your bike? Its a fairly small community here, and we tend to be a little nosey.

Comment

im in process of rebuilding a gpz1000rx or 1000r ninja have put a lot of work into building it how i want it ie zzr1100d front forks and yokes wheels from both the c rear and d front hiabusa front 6 pot calipers, hagon rear shock complete engine rebuild using 1200 oil pump oil cooler sump and fabricated brand new rad swingarm brace zrx1100 carbs zzr1100 clutch hence the query list goes on 5 years in the building so far got to paint everything now easy bit for me im a motor trade paint sprayer with access to a spraybooth oven
          Last edited by steveross; 09-15-2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Another Frankenbike, cool.

Comment

Nice!

Love the Kawi green valve cover!

What color you thinking of spraying the bike?
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

torn between original firecracker red and blk or the 2016 golden blazed green and black will probably stick to the original layout though due to not seeing anything better anyone good at design ?
                Last edited by steveross; 09-17-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steveross View Post
                  torn between original firecracker red and blk or the 2016 golden blazed green and black will probably stick to the original layout though due to not seeing anything better anyone good at design ?
                  I think the golden blazed green would look great with the valve covers.

Not so much the red.

JMO though.
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

yep thinking you are right there its just that its an old bike im not sure if the green would go

Comment

It's a Kawasaki, green always goes.

Comment

Working...
                      X