Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 ZZR600 Hanging RPMs

Hello again everyone!

Last year I reached out about a problem I was having with a friend's bike, and everyone was super helpful, and we got it fixed! Now this season we ran into a problem with the RPMs not coming right back down while riding. Going about 30 MPH and then pulling the clutch in and releasing the throttle would not drop the RPMs quickly at all. They would eventually drop back to idle but not after quite some time. After fiddling with it my friend took it for a ride and it ran perfectly, only issue is we forgot to turn the fuel petcock back to the on position, so the bike died. Once we started the bike up again the same problem started. Any ideas why it would work flawlessly with the fuel petcock in the off position and run poorly when it is on? Do the carbs need to be synced? Could there be an air leak somewhere on the intake side? Carbs have been cleaned and everything is good there.

Thanks for your help again!!

Originally posted by stormy2142 View Post
    Hello again everyone!

Last year I reached out about a problem I was having with a friend's bike, and everyone was super helpful, and we got it fixed! Now this season we ran into a problem with the RPMs not coming right back down while riding. Going about 30 MPH and then pulling the clutch in and releasing the throttle would not drop the RPMs quickly at all. They would eventually drop back to idle but not after quite some time. After fiddling with it my friend took it for a ride and it ran perfectly, only issue is we forgot to turn the fuel petcock back to the on position, so the bike died. Once we started the bike up again the same problem started. Any ideas why it would work flawlessly with the fuel petcock in the off position and run poorly when it is on? Do the carbs need to be synced? Could there be an air leak somewhere on the intake side? Carbs have been cleaned and everything is good there.

Thanks for your help again!!
    Welcome back!

Sounds like your throttle tube/cable may be binding, or the carb float is sticking. Check both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

Welcome back!

Sounds like your throttle tube/cable may be binding, or the carb float is sticking. Check both of those.
      Thank you!

The throttle cable was just checked and lubed up so I don't think that's an issue, the float was moving fine and didn't seem stuck at all. I rebuilt the carbs last year so everything's pretty new in there.

Comment

Can be due to an air leak.
        I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post
          Can be due to an air leak.
          Good point; have you checked the carb diaphragms seal properly, stormy2142?

You mentioned "do the carbs need synced?" If you cleaned or made adjustments to the carbs, then 100% yes.

Comment

Working...
          X