Spark plug boots 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug boots 2008

I can't seem to get the spark plug boots all the way off. Are there c-clips holding them from sliding out all the way? I've been at this for a few hours already. It seemed pretty straight forward, but hard as heck to pull them out. I already popped them off the spark plugs, but just can't pull them off completely. Please help. Thank you.

What kind of bike is it?

Comment

Zzr600...I finally got them off. I had to wiggle them back and forth as I pulled up. I found the answer on another forum. If I didn't do that, no matter how hard I pulled, it would not have come out. Now my only problem is it won't start.

Comment

Put the plug wires back on

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Big O...I replaced the spark plugs because it wasn't starting. I put boots back on. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

If you still have the plastics off, you might try checking for spark. Not sure about the ZZR600 but a lot of bikes have some safety features on them like a kickstand sensor, and a clutch sensor. Another common cause of no spark is a faulty kill switch. A low battery will sometime be enough to turn over the bike, but not be strong enough to supply spark.

If you have spark and she still does not run, then the next sensible cause for a non runner is no fuel. 2008 hould be carbs. Get a can of starter fluid spray and shoot some at the carbs with the bike turning over. If she makes some noise you now know that you are not getting any fuel. No fuel could be a host causes. Bad petcock, plugged fuel filter, kinked fuel line, misrouted fuel line. But most likely the issue is with the carbs. If the bike sat for a long time then he probably needs a good carb clean and rebuild.

If you have spark and fuel, the only things left are ignition timing, and compression. Maybe the plug wires are misrouted. If there is no compression . . . get another bike. Unless you do it yourself, an engine rebuild done by a professional is likely to cost near what it would take to replace the whole mess.

Good luck, and let us know if/when you get her going.

Comment

Working...
            X