Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at a 07 ZZR600 Has a weird fuel issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at a 07 ZZR600 Has a weird fuel issue.

They guy said he flooded it trying to start it after a while. When we started it we got it running but it pours gas out these two tubes in the ram air intake. Me nor my cousin(who has an 08) have any clue what's going on. We opened the airbox and checked if the airbox was flooded. It was bone dry. Could really use a point in the right direction, or at least would like to know what the tubes are called (in the ram air intake) and how they work so I can do more research.
    Thanks in advance.
    -Keaton

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hmm, don't know how fuel would be coming out of the intakes if there is none in the air box.

Can you pull the tank off enough without disconnecting the fuel line to be able to see inside the air box when you are attempting to start the bike?

Sounds like there are some lines kinked or connected incorrectly somewhere.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O
      Hmm, don't know how fuel would be coming out of the intakes if there is none in the air box.

Can you pull the tank off enough without disconnecting the fuel line to be able to see inside the air box when you are attempting to start the bike?

Sounds like there are some lines kinked or connected incorrectly somewhere.
      Cleaned the carbs and fuel doesn't come out now. It's got a bad problem surging now, and won't run without the choke. I've now cleaned the carbs about 3 times now. I have a lot coming to ensure all the jets are cleaned out. I did seafoam it(used a little too much) but I then drained the bowls and the gas tank, now has about 1/2 to 3/4 of a tank with only fresh 91. Anything in not thinking about?

Comment

https://youtu.be/pb4vHnCiW7U

Comment

Working...
        X