X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rearsets

As others have already said ....

you're doing it wrong ....

"get the balls of your feet on the pegs and shift your weight to the inside of the turn"

it it will become second nature before long. I look at riders with their feet hanging down and always think it looks like a great way to break an ankle ... or worse.

Also - as noted previously - you shouldn't be riding at the limits on the street. Bad things can and do happen. If you want to test the limits of your skills and the bike's abilities take it to the track.
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 06-18-2016, 07:19 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Balls of feet on pegs. Move foot forward to shift or (when necessary) use the rear brake. I hardly ever use the thing. I mention these things in case you haven't yet gotten the message sent so eloquently by all these other knuckleheads!

Leave the duck feet behind - without meaning to come across as an a$$, to my view duck feet are a mark of someone without much experience riding. At the same time, you're wise to ask questions and learn from the collective wisdom of this group. No such thing as a dumb question, although too many are dumb for NOT asking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman; He purposeth a crop." - Samuel Rutherford

Visit ConnorWatch on Facebook.

sigpic

Comment

You guys kill me .........

Here ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSz2edKnu78

and speaking of lean angle's .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J73XRDGPcpE
        Last edited by DWC; 06-18-2016, 01:00 PM.
        . KWN ... "This rides for you" .

Proud member of "The New Republic of Texas vigilante's committee"

Comment

Originally posted by DWC View Post

Here ...

Normally I pick things up quite quickly - I had to watch this lesson over and over and over again. I think I got it but.....................

Comment

Here ...

You look great since you shaved off your beard Dave!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post

Leave the duck feet behind - without meaning to come across as an a$$, to my view duck feet are a mark of someone without much experience riding. At the same time, you're wise to ask questions and learn from the collective wisdom of this group. No such thing as a dumb question, although too many are dumb for NOT asking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Although "duck feet" can be used as a good guide to let you know when you are getting close to dragging pegs.

Kinda like a little extra insurance.

Personally though, I never do the "duck feet" and it actually feels weird when I'm not on the balls of my feet when riding.

JMHO
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ-r View Post
                Originally posted by dwarthog View Post
                Originally posted by ZZ-r View Post
                Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                Balls of the feet for the corners, and shifting your weight to the inside of the turn.
                Listen to the old timers on this please ......... On a little different note on my last trip to Arrrrrk I touched down my right mid pipe just below my right foot peg some where ......jimmy you was probably close on 1 2 5. peace
                "Listen to the old timers on this please"

Sound advice Troy. I couldn't have said it better myself.

If you want to explore the limits of your bikes lean angles, gear up and hit the track where you'll be infinitely more safe if something goes wrong than if you are on a public road somewhere.

Fast is fun, but be smart about it.

Enjoy the ride!

Hey Don been thinking about you. How are you mending Hope all is well Peace
                Troy, everything looks to be on track so far. Weight bearing on that leg in approximately 3wks. I keep making 1 step forward each day, so I'll get there soon!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Here ...

Thats some high quality body positioning videos right there. I may having to come back to the first a couple more times just to make sure I got it though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

"Life's more fun with a knee on the ground."

Comment

I always ride with the ball of my feet on the pegs.its too dangerous any other way especially if size 12 boots.????????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Here ...

Quit hittin on me or I'll tell Wanda ......

I ride flat footed till things start to get cereal ......

=^>

........ Welcome to the site dbradley ........
                      Last edited by DWC; 06-20-2016, 08:37 AM.
                      . KWN ... "This rides for you" .

Proud member of "The New Republic of Texas vigilante's committee"

Comment

Working...
                      X