Charging woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging woes

The regulator/rectifier unit failed on a trip to Cornwall last year which then lead to the alternator and cdi blowing leaving me stranded down in Essex, I replaced all three items plus a lot of bulbs and a battery and have used the bike all through winter.
    trouble is with heated grips and sat nav, lights etc it has not been keeping a decent charge so I did a bit of research and grafted a more powerful Honda vt250 stator into the casing. I had to use the Kawasaki wiring which goes through the casing though because of the moulded in grommet which seals in the engine oil. Quite pleased with the result just got to fit it now.

the burnt out stator and the non compatible Honda wires

honda stator fitted and Kawasaki wires grafted in, also three new spades soldered on to fit in the junction block connector.

Re: Charging woes

Nice work!
    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Well done. The reg/rec in my '99 R1 was faulty when I bought it, which I upgraded to a MOSFET unit. That's been great, keeps the battery fully charged even after riding in slow traffic.
      "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
      99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Nice!!

It's amazing what you UK members do ( and probably have to ) to keep you bikes going.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
        X