Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race exhausts

Hello All,

Just wanted to get some opinions. I currently have the stock 2007 ZZR600 muffler on the bike now and looking to upgrade for some more sound. I have been looking at some Two Brothers exhausts, the shorty kind. I am looking at the Black Series flang-on M-2 race exhaust. Anyone have this muffler? How is the sound difference? Also, when is the best time to buy one for cheap? During black Friday/Winter online? I so one for $399 believe it or not on Amazon, should have grabbed it then. Any other suggestions are appreciated as well. In general, just looking for that "crotch-rocket" sound at lower rpm's not blazing fast speed.

Thanks

Re: Race exhausts

The later model 600s were the same as an earlier ZX6 so that might give you some more options to look at

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
      The later model 600s were the same as an earlier ZX6 so that might give you some more options to look at
      Thanks for the info. It does expand a little bit on options. I am looking currently at the 2 Brothers shorty exhausts or the Yoshimura exhausts. Anyone have any experience with these?

Comment

I put a 2Bros on my C14 because my buddy was parting with it cheap. It saved the weight and looked better than stock, however I would not have gone out and got one. You get what you pay for I would say the Yoshi is a better product

Comment

I just put some two bros pipes on my Zx14, and love them. They look and sound great.
          KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
            I put a 2Bros on my C14 because my buddy was parting with it cheap. It saved the weight and looked better than stock, however I would not have gone out and got one. You get what you pay for I would say the Yoshi is a better product
            Thanks for the info. Is there anything wrong with the 2 Brothers brand or do you just feel the Yoshi is a better product?

Comment

I just wasn't impressed with the quality of mine. It sounds fine and as I said does the job. Their newer stuff might be better, mine is the CF. The Yoshi I've looked at looked to be better quality.

Comment

Ok, so I have decided to settle on the Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust for my ZZR600. Does anyone have any decibel ratings for this exhaust, I am only changing the muffler not the entire system. In Illinois, measured at a distance of 50 ft: Under 35MPH=80-82dBA; more than 35=86dBA. Thanks for the help. Not really too worried about getting polled over as this technically is a 'secondary law' and my riding style is very conservative. Usually change gears at around 4,000RPM and don't speed.

Comment

Manufacturer info

Comment

Did some research and the manufacturer doesn't offer a lot on measurements. I looked on a website and they tested the sound 20" away to be 96dBA at 4,000RPM. In Illinois, the law says from 50ft. So I guess I am fine then?

Comment

Either way you will be happy with the sound and weight loss. Pictures when you get it on

Comment

Finally got the exhaust on! It looks and sounds great! Thanks for the advice.

0927141614.jpg0927141614a.jpg

Comment

Nice! ....

Comment

Looks great!
                            KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Looks good. How's the sound compared to the stock one?

Comment

Working...
                              X