Street Fighter Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fighter Help

Hey, I have a 03 zzr600 but hate the front fairings. I was hoping to strip this off and put on a round head light and a different gauge cluster. Any Products people think are better? Honestly i dont want to spend ALOT of money on this. Thanks for the input.

Re: Street Fighter Help

My links for today:

http://www.customfighters.com/
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/

Good Luck and Welcome to the site.
    See here:
    http://zzrbikes.com/forumdisplay.php/95-Newbie-Section

Comment

Get a Connie!-Jmac

Comment

RIGHT ON AND THUMBS UP! Street fighters ROCK! My bike runs cooler with the lower fairings off. An added advantage is that oil changes are quicker. I suggest keeping the upper fairing on because the Ram Air effect really does add 5-8 hp. The ram air hp cannot easily be replicated on a stationary dyno so it is something that must be felt with hands on riding. For a full street fighter conversion that involves removing all the factory front fairings there are a few issues that must be addressed. With the zzr's there is an auxillury air hose that runs from the intake passage to the carb. This is usually a much skinnier hose that connects to the intake ducts and runs through a "valve assembly" and then to the carb. This hose MUST be facing forward and unobstructed in order for any "Full Street Fighter" conversion to function at all. If you keep your factory upper fairings then this step is unnecessary. A full street fighter will still make less hp than a bike with it's factory upper fairing and air duct intact. To make up for the response loss I suggest going +3 on the rear sprocket. This will lower your top speed but give you a hole shot advantage.

Comment

Holy crap that was helpful! I will keep all of that in mind! I am looking to take it to full street fighter status so do you know of any website i can get to to get a new gauge cluster?

Comment

Dood:

http://www.customfighters.com/
            http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=36363

I used a ZX-9 instrument cluster on my ZZR1200 I'm re-building.
            Cheap off e-bay,don't know how the scale/size would work on the 500 though.
            Here's a pic.of it hacked but the face is un-finished,the plan is for machine swirls like on the old Bugatti's/Ferrari's/TransAm's(waaay down the to-do list)(along with a metric machinist's steel rule and the $40.00 a pop metric holesaws to make a cleaner copy).

Link to my build:http://zzrbikes.com/showthread.php/7...200-Track-Bike

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by nattykevlockzzr600 View Post
              RIGHT ON AND THUMBS UP! Street fighters ROCK! My bike runs cooler with the lower fairings off. An added advantage is that oil changes are quicker. I suggest keeping the upper fairing on because the Ram Air effect really does add 5-8 hp. The ram air hp cannot easily be replicated on a stationary dyno so it is something that must be felt with hands on riding. For a full street fighter conversion that involves removing all the factory front fairings there are a few issues that must be addressed. With the zzr's there is an auxillury air hose that runs from the intake passage to the carb. This is usually a much skinnier hose that connects to the intake ducts and runs through a "valve assembly" and then to the carb. This hose MUST be facing forward and unobstructed in order for any "Full Street Fighter" conversion to function at all. If you keep your factory upper fairings then this step is unnecessary. A full street fighter will still make less hp than a bike with it's factory upper fairing and air duct intact. To make up for the response loss I suggest going +3 on the rear sprocket. This will lower your top speed but give you a hole shot advantage.

You seem to know your stuff about a streetfighter zzr, so I got a carb question for ya. Do you know of any carb issues with air flow with ALL the fairings off / no intake ducts? The bike runs great till about 100-105 then it acts like it has a governor on it and it just loses all useable power, until you slow back down to 90 or so, then when you twist hard it slingshots you back to 100ish, then cuts again. (I know NOTHING about carbs, or really anything having to do with motorcycles other then riding them). My buddy thinks it may have something to do with the aerodynamics not getting the right amount of air in there with all the plastics/ducting off. I have no idea whats going on with this thing, and I'm grabbing at straws.

Comment

And here I thought this thread was going to involve questions about Ibuki, Guy, etc., and fighting sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by dvjflash View Post

You seem to know your stuff about a streetfighter zzr, so I got a carb question for ya. Do you know of any carb issues with air flow with ALL the fairings off / no intake ducts? The bike runs great till about 100-105 then it acts like it has a governor on it and it just loses all useable power, until you slow back down to 90 or so, then when you twist hard it slingshots you back to 100ish, then cuts again. (I know NOTHING about carbs, or really anything having to do with motorcycles other then riding them). My buddy thinks it may have something to do with the aerodynamics not getting the right amount of air in there with all the plastics/ducting off. I have no idea whats going on with this thing, and I'm grabbing at straws.
                  Don't claim to know my stuff here but what your finding out is the lack of the "Ram Air" effect at the carbs. when you pulled the pitot tubes that feed the air to the carbs. that "dvjflash" mentioned in his post. On the fighter sites the Kaw guys have ran PVC tubing sticking out of the frame holes with the pressure tubing mounted inside.
                  Looks like ass but there ain't no delete for it. She won't wind out without them. Get on the mentioned 'fighter sites and check it out,some nice bikes and lots of info!

Good Luck and let's see some pics of your build!

Comment

Originally posted by dvjflash View Post

Indeed we do. Inside the ram air tubes are some small hoses. They go to the float bowls and create an equal pressure inside the bowl, as the ram air pressure in the throttle body. When you take away those hoses, or disrupt the design, you're gonna have to tune around it.

Welcome to the site.
                    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                      When you take away those hoses, or disrupt the design, you're gonna have to tune around it.
                      I can't see how it would be possible to tune around it, other than by eliminating the ram air altogether.
                      How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                      1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                      (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                      (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                      (c) I never worry much about anything.
                      (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                      (e) I love my wife and children.
                      (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                      From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

I made one street fighter to and I don’t know what mechanical gauge it’s the best to put on I prefer this with the bike style . I find this one on fornine but I don’t know if is the good ratio
                        https://fortnine.ca/en/drag-specialt...led-indicators

thank you for helping

Comment

Ram air does not increase hp under 150 mph....just keep that in mind

Comment

Working...
                          X