Risers for 2006 ZZR600

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risers for 2006 ZZR600

Does anyone make handlebar risers which will fit a 2006 without modifications?

Here is a previous thread on this topic. Hopefully it will help you out.

http://www.zzrbikes.com/modules.php?...wtopic&t=13649
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up toand includinghis life." That is Honor.

Comment

try this spot..
      http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/home/ac...es/gen-mar.htm
      and i think the site store can help you too..
      02 zzrbikes with some mods

Comment

Thanks for the links! I'll give these a look.

Comment

Well, GenMar is out.

Hi Greg,
          We currently do not offer a riser for the 06 Kawasaki ZZR600. Kawasaki changed the bars after the 04 model and our risers don't fit on post 04 ZZR600s. Sorry we couldn't help you out.
          Thanks for the inquiry,
          Scott-GenMar

Comment

Thank you for your recent inquiry about Heli Bars. Unfortunately we do
            not have any definite plans to develop anything for your 2006 ZZR600 at this
            time. I'll be sure to keep your name and email address on file so that
            we can contact you should more information become available. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,
            Jaime / Sales

Heli Modified, Inc.
            20 Industrial Way
            PO Box 638
            Cornish, ME 04020

Comment

Helibars p/n HB009, 2000-2004 Kawasaki ZX6R & ZX9R bars will fit and your stock cables can be reused.

Comment

Helibar installation was easier than I could have imagined. Took maybe 30 minutes. No modifications required.

Here's the tricky part:
                1. obtain a set of (quality, not cheap) metic hex bits for use with a rachet
                2. the hex headed screw holding the bars in is has lock tight holding it in place, cheap allen wrenchs will either strip or strip the screw head, a rachet will allow better control and pressure to be applied
                3. the hex headed screw holding the bar ends on also has lock tight holding it in place

Came across this on another forum:
                Also Converti Bars has a 2005-2007 specific riser products available. But they are very pricey.

[url]http://www.convertibars.com/FitYourBikeDetailDev.cfm?rebuildStruct=1&MakeID=73 &ModelID=234&BikeYear=2006&Submit=+Next+Step%21 +

Comment

[quote="tripntx"]Helibar installation was easier than I could have imagined. Took maybe 30 minutes. No modifications required.

Here's the tricky part:
                  1. obtain a set of (quality, not cheap) metic hex bits for use with a rachet
                  2. the hex headed screw holding the bars in is has lock tight holding it in place, cheap allen wrenchs will either strip or strip the screw head, a rachet will allow better control and pressure to be applied
                  3. the hex headed screw holding the bar ends on also has lock tight holding it in place

My back thanks you!

Comment

Hmmmm... the GenMars fit just fine on my 05. I had the dealer install them when I bought the bike so I don't know how easy or difficult it was. I also put a Corbin seat on the bike (which Corbin said they didn't make for the bike, at least at the time) and it fit just fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by endo
                      Hmmmm... the GenMars fit just fine on my 05. I had the dealer install them when I bought the bike so I don't know how easy or difficult it was. I also put a Corbin seat on the bike (which Corbin said they didn't make for the bike, at least at the time) and it fit just fine too.
                      I don't doubt it. I'm beginning to think these companies do not have a research and development department. Great way to run a business.

Comment

Re: Risers for 2006 ZZR600

Originally posted by GDeane
                        Does anyone make handlebar risers which will fit a 2006 without modifications?
                        Helibar makes some really nice riser bars for about $200.00 I have a set on my 05
                        I ordered them for a 2002 ZX6R (Perfect fit with no mods, the throttle cable is almost too short but it will work)

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old topic but what is out there now, or an alternative to the helibars. I looked at their site and could find anything for my '05 600. Anything come up since this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by timberwoof View Post
                            Sorry to bring up an old topic but what is out there now, or an alternative to the helibars. I looked at their site and could find anything for my '05 600. Anything come up since this thread.
                            Here you go:

http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/ls...bar-riser-kit/

You could put about any bar you want on it.

There is also this option. However, it comes from the UK and syas the kit is up to a 2000 model year. You'd need to see if there was any differences between 2000 and your 2005 model:

http://www.bikermart.co.uk/proddetai...d=215-10075-11
                            Last edited by BIG O; 06-28-2016, 10:39 AM.
                            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                            X