Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you guys getting the washers for shimming carbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that this is for a 600 NOT a 1200 so the number of turns may be different.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Also, any Dynojet dealer will have the small washers.
      I just fitted some to my CVK40s

Comment

Originally posted by reidmct View Post

Definitely, yes. It's hard enough to get the diaphragm boots seated correctly when the carbs are sitting on the workbench. I cannot imagine succeeding with them in the frame. I cannot recall if it's even possible to remove the slides without pulling the carbs out.

Anyway, it is not very much work to remove the carbs... as long as you have a very long allen wrench wrench for one or two of the boot clamps. IIRC it is a 4mm. Motionpro sells one; it's about 10 inches long.

Like this:
        https://www.grainger.com/product/4CT...200130213939:s
        My mistake, it's a 3mm https://www.amazon.com/Eklind-54930-...18858758&psc=1
        And this is for the 1200. It may or may not be needed on the 600. I keep forgetting we're talking about a 600, sorry.
        How To Cheat on Personality Tests
        1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
        (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
        (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
        (c) I never worry much about anything.
        (d) I don't care for books or music much.
        (e) I love my wife and children.
        (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
        From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

It's all good. I will count the factory setting when I turn it in and go from there using the idle drop procedure. Thank you all!

Comment

Did you find some shims?
            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Flat spot is gone! Thank you again reidmct for the washers. Now the bike runs strong all the way ​​​​​​​

Comment

Good deal
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                X