Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: HELP!!!* Given an 06 ZZR600 that sat for 2 years..........?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, the 650R is one of the best all around bikes ever. Ok for new riders but far from boring for old riders. Great ergos.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

The 650 R is a great bike for what it is.

My wife rode one at one time

352.jpg
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Concerning the rear brake. Kawasaki had a recall on the C-14 that had to with debris falling into the brake linkage and keeping the lever from returning once applied. I would have a quick peek in that area and see if something is blocking the lever.

BTW, couple of nice looking bikes there.

Comment

Thank you guys. The 650R is my son's "beginner's bike"

I bled the rear brakes and it looks like all is fine now. And I just got done making my seat comfortable with 2 cm of gel. Not bad for a 2nd time wrapping the seat huh? I don't know how much height I shaved off but it is only 2cm high now

Next up is the Yoshi exhaust swap that I picked up cheap

IMG_20200113_084059.jpg

Comment

Holy shit on the seat shave!

Man, not much padding left.

Have you tried getting some lowering links for the rear and raising the fork tubes in the triples to lower it?

It's amazing what a 1" drop will do.

Just a thought?????????

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
              Holy shit on the seat shave!

Man, not much padding left.

Have you tried getting some lowering links for the rear and raising the fork tubes in the triples to lower it?

It's amazing what a 1" drop will do.

Just a thought?????????
              LOL I went for a 45 minutes ride and the 2cm of gel is working fine. Just in case you guys are wondering, I cut out all the foam in the center and shaved the sides, front and back down so it is easier to upholster. Insert the 2cm thick gel pad in the center and smoothed out the foam around it.

I will get to lower the front a little(maybe 0.75") when my son comes home from uni this next weekend.

Do the ZZR600 have sort of a flat spot around 6-7k rpm? Mine seems to need a lot extra more throttle to get over the flat spot. Would the Yoshi exhaust make it worse? I don't really want to open up the carburetors to jet it. At least not for a while

Comment

Originally posted by DesertKyorugi View Post

LOL I went for a 45 minutes ride and the 2cm of gel is working fine. Just in case you guys are wondering, I cut out all the foam in the center and shaved the sides, front and back down so it is easier to upholster. Insert the 2cm thick gel pad in the center and smoothed out the foam around it.

I will get to lower the front a little(maybe 0.75") when my son comes home from uni this next weekend.

Do the ZZR600 have sort of a flat spot around 6-7k rpm? Mine seems to need a lot extra more throttle to get over the flat spot. Would the Yoshi exhaust make it worse? I don't really want to open up the carburetors to jet it. At least not for a while
                Don't know if there is a flat spot around that RPM. I wouldn't think so normally.

As for the pipes making a difference, typically slip ons aren't that big of a deal. They are slip ons?

Put em on and see what happens. No biggie to take them back off.

Glad the seat is comfortable for you.

Comment

Not sure about the 600, but the 1200 had a flat spot around the 4K range. IIRC.
                  The $0.50 fix was to add shims (washers) under the carb needles. Small hit on MPG, big fix for throttle response.
                  Not sure if doing the same on the 600 would be good or bad. Just FYI.

https://zzrbikes.com/articles/howto/...him-adjustment
                  https://zzrbikes.com/forum/bikes/zzr...eedle-shimming
                  “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
                    Not sure about the 600, but the 1200 had a flat spot around the 4K range. IIRC.
                    The $0.50 fix was to add shims (washers) under the carb needles. Small hit on MPG, big fix for throttle response.
                    Not sure if doing the same on the 600 would be good or bad. Just FYI.

https://zzrbikes.com/articles/howto/...him-adjustment
                    https://zzrbikes.com/forum/bikes/zzr...eedle-shimming
                    I will try it since I may not need to remove the carbs

I just installed the Yoshi slip on and it is sounding sweet. Now sure if it was because it was already warm out but she didn't need choke to start up?! Will go for a ride tomorrow morning and see if the flat spot is still there

Comment

Working...
                    X