2004 zzr600 fairing swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 zzr600 fairing swap

Alright guys, I have a 2004 zzr600 and I was curious what year fairings would swap over the easiest from the zx6r.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Re: 2004 zzr600 fairing swap

Originally posted by rdewitt93 View Post
    Alright guys, I have a 2004 zzr600 and I was curious what year fairings would swap over the easiest from the zx6r.
    The ones that fit...

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zx6*+fairings+on+zzr600

Comment

Thank you for being a smart@$$ but I tried googling and nothing came up for what I asked here. Thanks, shows the forums are useless anymore

Comment

Originally posted by rdewitt93 View Post
          Thank you for being a smart@$$ but I tried googling and nothing came up for what I asked here. Thanks, shows the forums are useless anymore

Hey Bro.

No need to get offended.

Unfortunately (or not) we are a pretty small community and know each other fairly well. That being said, we give each other shite all the time. Ya know, like friends do

Also, whenever you see "" after a statement like the one Camo posted that means "just having fun with you, no harm intended".

If you decide to stick around, I'm sure someone will come up with some information for you.

We are a small community but have quite a few knowledgeable members.

Your call
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Im cool, I didn't see the joke part. Just showed up as the link to use Google. And googling I haven't really found anything for a 2004 zzr. The reason I asked is because I have a full set of 2004 zx6r plastic laying around I was going to use because the front end looks alot better in my opinion

Comment

Yes, I was being a smart ass. Yes I was welcoming you. Yes, I was actually trying to help with little I could. What I was trying to imply is that one is gonna take some research on your part. Looks like it's been done before, but you're either gonna have to be a pioneer or you're gonna have to do some good ol' fashioned research to see if you can find any info that will help you shortcut the process. From what little i read, it sounds like the ram air is an issue and you're gonna have to do some cutting. Good luck with your project. It sounds like you already have the parts so that's half the battle!

Comment

No rocket scientist here, but the ZZR fairings are different in many ways to the ZX fairings. What might work, seen YZF/R6, and CBR forums have done, is to "graph" the plastic locating pins onto the desired fairings by plati-welding, and then drilling new holes for the retaining bolts. Personally, I'm not going to take on that kind of project, so more power to you. The fit and finish is subjective and this isn't anything new from the modification world. I would expect this little project to take you anywhere from a full weekend to as long as a year. In fact, the last guy I knew of doing this was on a CBR '06 to '09-newer fairings. Turned into murphys law and a year of wasted time. The locating pins were constantly breaking away. The center v fairing never lined up right or was cut down enough, putting unnecessary pressure on the upper part of the fairings causing rubs/squealing/mis-fits/and ultimately fractures in the fairings. The bottom line is, it all depends on skill level and amount of time/energy you are willing to invest. Things are measured in cubic dollars not cubic inches anymore.

This link is from an old forum I was member of a few years ago: http://yzf600r.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=65781 The graphics may not show up, but I did see the google search for "YZF600 to R6 fairings" did show the graphics under images.

If you are just after some fresh look and don't want to invest the necessary money, time, skills, headaches, etc. into mod-ing new fairings, might I suggest a simple "skinning" with carbon fiber. Or even vinyl wrapping the original.

Final note........RELAX...........I'm a relative newb too, and even I could see the humor in the first response. Truth be told, I was a fat finger away from saying "google it" before I thought better of it. My filter worked...seldom...but it worked. Take it with a grain of salt and throw it over your shoulder...maybe it'll hit someone else in the eye and we can all laugh. Not to mention the fact Big O is spot on the money with the tactful response. Gotta admit, that is restraint from a long time, well respected, member. Any newb could see that first response sabot round coming in....been there, done that on both sides.

Comment

My filter doesn't usually work so good. I'm just happy to have a thread I can participate in...

Speaking of not having a filter. Here would be the easiest way to swap fairings. 1) Sell ZZR600. 2) Buy ZX6R for same $. 3) Happy camper, no mo $, no mo effort.

Comment

Now that we all love each other again.......................................piss off!

(please take note of green smiley )
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                    X