Good news.

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    That's great news!

Leave a comment:

• Christoslazy
    replied
    Finally I found time to mess with the problem! I reinstalled the seal taking as much care as I could not to hurt it! Maybe the previous seal hadn’t seat properly to the recess! I also polish and cleaned the shaft thoroughly! Everything seems to work fine now! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• mehush
    replied
    Originally posted by Christoslazy View Post

Thanks! This chrome polish is a cream or something like this? And how did you apply this to the shaft?

Yes, the polish was a cream. I was lucky and could simply remove the shaft and clean it with a rag and polish. But if your issue is with the output shaft of the transmission I would remove the leaky seal exposing the contact surface on the shaft, and rub that to a shine with whatever I could get in there. A rag, a q-tip, etc. Afterward, I would blast the area with some breakkleen to flush out the gunk/residue, apply some clean oil to the shaft, oil up the new seal, and button her up. I would be very conservative with the amount of polishing cream I used in an effort to limit how much of the stuff might sneak past the bearing, or damage the new seal.

Maybe others on the site might have a better suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Christoslazy
    replied
    Originally posted by BIG O View Post

OK, thank you! In Greece this brand is not available but I got the point! I will try something similar from the polishing creams I already have!

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Christoslazy
    replied
    Originally posted by mehush View Post
    I had a problem with a water pump seal last year. Replaced the seal and a few months later had a leak again. I cleaned the shaft surface that the seal rides on with some chrome polish, installed a new seal, and and no more leak.
    Thanks! This chrome polish is a cream or something like this? And how did you apply this to the shaft?

Leave a comment:

• mehush
    replied
    I had a problem with a water pump seal last year. Replaced the seal and a few months later had a leak again. I cleaned the shaft surface that the seal rides on with some chrome polish, installed a new seal, and and no more leak.

Leave a comment:

• Christoslazy
    replied
    Originally posted by reidmct View Post

Hopefully not a bearing.
    That’s what I’m afraid of! Let’s see!

Leave a comment:

• reidmct
    replied
    Originally posted by Christoslazy View Post
    Provided that it is the seal again (since I have already replaced it once) and not something with the shaft! Will see!
    Hopefully not a bearing.

Leave a comment:

• Christoslazy
    replied
    Provided that it is the seal again (since I have already replaced it once) and not something with the shaft! Will see!

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Glad you figured it out and it isn't something that is too costly to replace.

Leave a comment:

• Christoslazy
    replied
    Mystery (partially) solved! I wasn’t riding for a long time but the days before I found time to deal with the problem! I cleaned the whole area thoroughly, I replaced the gear selector shaft seal, I removed and reinstalled the neutral safety switch and I went for a fast ride for 30 minutes! When I returned I removed the front sprocket cover and voila... the malfunction revealed! The oil is coming from the front sprocket drive shaft seal that I had already replaced once! The question is, did I install it badly, was the seal faulty or there is something wrong with the shaft? I ordered the seal to replace it one more time and I will let you know! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• Christoslazy
    replied
    Hello! The problem still exists! It has nothing to do with engine oil change or excess oil from the chain because I left the chain without oil on purpose to check and the results were the same! As I said I will replace the gear selector seal but I haven’t find time yet! I maybe also try the baby powder idea that was mentioned above! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X