Left Boot Full of Oil After Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehush View Post
    I had a problem with a water pump seal last year. Replaced the seal and a few months later had a leak again. I cleaned the shaft surface that the seal rides on with some chrome polish, installed a new seal, and and no more leak.
    Thanks! This chrome polish is a cream or something like this? And how did you apply this to the shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

OK, thank you! In Greece this brand is not available but I got the point! I will try something similar from the polishing creams I already have!

Comment

Originally posted by Christoslazy View Post

Thanks! This chrome polish is a cream or something like this? And how did you apply this to the shaft?

Yes, the polish was a cream. I was lucky and could simply remove the shaft and clean it with a rag and polish. But if your issue is with the output shaft of the transmission I would remove the leaky seal exposing the contact surface on the shaft, and rub that to a shine with whatever I could get in there. A rag, a q-tip, etc. Afterward, I would blast the area with some breakkleen to flush out the gunk/residue, apply some clean oil to the shaft, oil up the new seal, and button her up. I would be very conservative with the amount of polishing cream I used in an effort to limit how much of the stuff might sneak past the bearing, or damage the new seal.

Maybe others on the site might have a better suggestion.

Comment

Finally I found time to mess with the problem! I reinstalled the seal taking as much care as I could not to hurt it! Maybe the previous seal hadn’t seat properly to the recess! I also polish and cleaned the shaft thoroughly! Everything seems to work fine now! Thanks!

Comment

That's great news!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Good news.

Comment

Working...
                X