• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ZG1400 First Ride Impression

Originally posted by 14Junkie View Post
    Originally posted by Jack View Post
    Originally posted by JeffS View Post
    I mounted a 190-55 on the back rather than the orig 50 series, it made a big diff on the handling with this heavy bike. When I pulled the rear wheel to swap tires I discovered the rear wheel / tire combo weighs about 40 lbs clearly making a heavy pig handle even worse.

Coming from a ST13 prior I noticed the Honda has much better bottom end than the C14(with fly's) But I find the C14 more comfortable and has better mid range when cruising. I have really had to adjust to the smaller tank and poor mileage than the ZZR when on long trips and hauling the mail. I wish my 08 had the adjustable new mapping like the newer C14 someday I will get a PC for that...Enjoy the new bike...
    The ST1300 had an incredibly heavy rear wheel as well. The weight of the C14 is less than the ST by about 50 pounds, but the ST felt like a much heavier bike moving it around in the garage.
    I know the Connie will perk right up with the appropriate springs.
    The ZX14 header that I'm looking at is an '08 model. It'll be a couple of months before I can manage slipons for it and have the center stand modified.
    In the meantime I'll bead blast the 14 header and paint it with some high heat paint.
    i think you will have to knock out the cat as well, isn't it located in the collector area on the 08 zx-14's ?

pete
    I dunno, But I have some long chisels.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jack View Post
      Originally posted by 14junkie View Post
      Originally posted by jack View Post
      Originally posted by jeffs View Post
      i mounted a 190-55 on the back rather than the orig 50 series, it made a big diff on the handling with this heavy bike. When i pulled the rear wheel to swap tires i discovered the rear wheel / tire combo weighs about 40 lbs clearly making a heavy pig handle even worse.

Coming from a st13 prior i noticed the honda has much better bottom end than the c14(with fly's) but i find the c14 more comfortable and has better mid range when cruising. I have really had to adjust to the smaller tank and poor mileage than the zzr when on long trips and hauling the mail. I wish my 08 had the adjustable new mapping like the newer c14 someday i will get a pc for that...enjoy the new bike...
      the st1300 had an incredibly heavy rear wheel as well. The weight of the c14 is less than the st by about 50 pounds, but the st felt like a much heavier bike moving it around in the garage.
      I know the connie will perk right up with the appropriate springs.
      The zx14 header that i'm looking at is an '08 model. It'll be a couple of months before i can manage slipons for it and have the center stand modified.
      In the meantime i'll bead blast the 14 header and paint it with some high heat paint.
      i think you will have to knock out the cat as well, isn't it located in the collector area on the 08 zx-14's ?

Pete
      i dunno, but i have some long chisels.
      greg!!??

Comment

Found a number of articles on the web regarding ZX14 headers on C14's.
        Should be fun.
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a great change but I would hate to give up my center stand.......

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
            Sounds like a great change but I would hate to give up my center stand.......

Brock's ZX-14 header and pipe with center stand.

No problems with clearance yall.

Comment

The problem comes with the dual exhaust and left side pipe!

And, yeah, there is a cat in the 08 ZX14 header; mine was already removed when I bought it.

G
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Muzzy sells a modified centerstand to clear the left side exhaust. Many have modified it themselves to clear.
                I'm leaning towards the Area P slipons, 18" with a 2 inch core, supposed to be pretty quiet.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X