Was 2010 the update for the C14?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was 2010 the update for the C14?

Been looking at a few for sale with low miles. Good prices but IIRC 2010 was the revision year.
    Yes, no?
    sigpic

Re: Was 2010 the update for the C14?

Yup! The 2010 got the major cooling/fairing mods..traction control..linked ABS...screen and mirror placement improvements. Need to check with some of the other guys how much of this was on the 2009.
    Remember, the 2008 was the first edition but it was actually in the showrooms 2007.
    Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
    A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Uh-oh... I like where this is headed!

I believe the 2010 also has the heated grips. The only update I don't care for is the linked brakes. If you have the coin, I'd certainly say go for a 2010+. Although you could probably pick up a 2008 for peanuts.
      --Kory--
      2008 C-14

Comment

I believe they got updated fueling maps as well in 2010.

Jack, if this is an effort to ease your ailing back I would suggest you take one for an extended test ride. Many riders have issues with the position of the bars(myself included). The stock seat also tends to roll you into the tank which further complicates the riding position. It may fit you fine. Corbin seat and some riser wedges and I still have issues with mine.

Comment

I have back issues myself. I'm riding an '08 Connie. I have the 2" risers and installed a Corbin. I recently rode 2000 miles. No back issues whatsoever. Back felt great.
          That said: Went to pedal it out of the garage last Christmas and thru my back out.
          Go figger!

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted.

Comment

Good responses, thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

Mine is the Old School 08........Summer is 100 deg days and I never had any heat issues. I have a torn herniated L4 disc, L3 and L5 are degenerating. I have not been bothered by my back on the C14, at least not anymore than it normally hurts........I do wish the seat was better but I cant afford a Russel daylong yet. I do not mind the stock bar height but I would not mind trying the risers. Our LEO C14's at work have them and they do sit you up almost 2 more inches.

Comment

Working...
              X