Campagna Motors shutting down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campagna Motors shutting down

I see in the news that Campagna Motors, the Canadian manufacturer of the T-Rex is shutting down. The news story states they were unable to secure the additional financing they needed to stay in business. Over the years Campagna struggled financially. They had been in and out of bankruptcy and had also changed ownership due to ongoing financial difficulties. The company was founded in Quebec in 1988 by Formula Ford racer Daniel Campagna. At the time of closing it was reported they employed 23 people. The high cost of the new V13R and the T-Rex along with the competition of the much more affordable Polaris Slingshot were also noted in the online story as reasons for Campagna’s failure.
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 01-23-2019, 07:17 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

I remember the first T Rex I saw at TWO back in 2006. It was really neat then and is still a neat idea.

However, they were just too expensive for the mainstream public IMO. I'm sure that it was due to being such a boutique manufacturer and a tiny niche of market.

Not to mention they didn't have the big dollars from Bombardier/Polaris to prop them up.

It was cool that they used the ZED as well as the ZX 14 engine though
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
      I remember the first T Rex I saw at TWO back in 2006. It was really neat then and is still a neat idea.

However, they were just too expensive for the mainstream public IMO. I'm sure that it was due to being such a boutique manufacturer and a tiny niche of market.

Not to mention they didn't have the big dollars from Bombardier/Polaris to prop them up.

It was cool that they used the ZED as well as the ZX 14 engine though
      Mike - I think you hit the nail on the head. They may have been able to carve out a niche for a unique product if the price had been more mainstream affordable. It seemed crazy expensive to me.
      Last edited by NotDeadYet; 01-24-2019, 07:35 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I saw one back in about 2007 or 8, and the when he said what he had in it, I thought
        shit, I could have bought 4 Zeds for that. It was cool, but damn, that's was sports car
        money.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Working...
        X