Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

—» Want more? Road Trips & Planning

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 811 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Oil Leak from the water pump

Senior Member Journeyman Royphotog's Avatar

Oil Leak from the water pump

About a month ago I replaced the O ring on the water pump because of an oil leek, that fixed that leak but now I seem to have an oil leek from the weep hole on the water pump. There is a rubber gasket on the inside shaft of the water pump and does not seem to be replaceable, at least I don't see it when I go to a schematic to look at the water pump. So the question is, if that rubber seal is leaking, would oil come out of the weep hole. I know that when the pump goes bad, that water will come out of this hole, but what about this oil leak.

Senior Member Journeyman Royphotog's Avatar
    Just a note for any that have a problem with the water pump leaking oil, you can not get the oil seal by itself, it comes along with the water pump. $220 out the door from my dealer, but they got it the next day and I'll put it on tomorrow. Wall, just maybe the water pump was ready to go out and I adjust saved myself some more problems a long way from home.m

Re: Oil Leak from the water pump

Quote Originally Posted by Royphotog View Post
    Just a note for any that have a problem with the water pump leaking oil, you can not get the oil seal by itself, it comes along with the water pump. $220 out the door from my dealer, but they got it the next day and I'll put it on tomorrow. Wall, just maybe the water pump was ready to go out and I adjust saved myself some more problems a long way from home.m
    Good luck! When you tear it down take some pics.

Re: Oil Leak from the water pump

Hey ive had the oil leak aswell. But i was able to get all of the seperate gaskets and o-rings i needed.. Do you have a pic of where you are leaking oil from now?