Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

—» Want more? Road Trips & Planning

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3728 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Kappa 42L trunk arrived!

Senior Member Journeyman

Kappa 42L trunk arrived!

Just received the 42L Kappa trunk (made by Givi) with the rack for ZZR1200, Base plate and backrest pad..Total cost was $288 Cdn plus tax. I really love the look of it. Looks like an easy install. Bolts directly where the rear handles mount. My 9 yr old son is excited to ride with me with the backrest. First use of the Luggage will be Parry Sound Rally in July.

Senior Member Disciple
    That sounds like a good price, and in Canadian dollars too, I would have thought they cost much more than that, how old was your son the first time you took him on the back of any bike for a ride? my 5 year old is always asking me Dad when I'm I going to get a ride on the Ninja so I tell him when his feet can reach the rear foot pegs, i think he could reach them now or dam close but he don't know that at this point......

ps Parry Sound I will be there on the Saturday forsure....
    RACE 1
    Life in the Fast Lane

Senior Member Journeyman

Kids riding

Kappa is a really good alternative to Givi. Not quite as flashy, but the same quality and the trunks are all interchangable so that I can fit a Givi trunk on the Kappa Monorack and vice versa.

My son has only ridden with me a few times around town streets since age 8. I am not comfortable taking him on a longer ride until I have this backrest installed. I will also take my 6 year old daughter on some short rides with the backrest as she is also able to reach the footpegs. Without a backrest, I just don't think they are big enough to hang on tight.

Junior Member Padawan
    Hi Johnsa,
    That sounds like an amazing deal. I would love to know where and how I can get the same?
    Do they also made saddlebags?

Same here, John. I ride with a Kappa topbox which is just fine for my needs. I picked mine up in the UK a couple of years ago.....where are they available in North America?

Senior Member Journeyman

kappa and Givi touring shield update.

Went for approx 2 hr ride this weekend. The Givi shield makes a big difference..No buffetting on my head ..Bugs only hit the very top of my visor..having bugs hit my visor has always been a big annoyance to me.

The Kappa bag and backrest are great. it holds 2 helmets.(1 large, one extra small for my son) Might be too tight for 2 large. He loves the backrest. It is the first time I have allowed him to ride on the highway with me. It looks just like the Givi, quite frankly . Except it has a Kappa emblem on it. The cost ot the 42l trunk, backrest pad, monorack(which fits any Kappa or Givi trunk) and rack to fit the ZZR was $388 plus taxes Cdn, complete. I bought it from Oshawa Cycle and they discounted it a bit from the MSRP. It is distributed in Canada from a company in B.C. and is available through most Bike shops. I could also add the Kappa/Givi sideracks and set of side bags for a very reasonable price. I would estimate for a set of 20 litre bags about $450. Again, you can fit any Kappa or Givi on this rack. I had previously priced the side racks and 20 litre bags last summer for my old VFR800 and the cost was just over $400 Cdn plus taxes.

Senior Member Journeyman

kappa and Givi touring shield update.

Went for approx 2 hr ride this weekend. The Givi shield makes a big difference..No buffetting on my head ..Bugs only hit the very top of my visor..having bugs hit my visor has always been a big annoyance to me.

The Kappa trunk and backrest are great. it holds 2 helmets.(1 large, one extra small for my son) Might be too tight for 2 large. He loves the backrest. It is the first time I have allowed him to ride on the highway with me. It looks just like the Givi, quite frankly . Except it has a Kappa emblem on it. The cost ot the 42l trunk, backrest pad, monorack(which fits any Kappa or Givi trunk) and rack to fit the ZZR was $388 plus taxes Cdn, complete. I bought it from Oshawa Cycle and they discounted it a bit from the MSRP. It is distributed in Canada from a company in B.C. and is available through most Bike shops. I could also add the Kappa/Givi sideracks and set of side bags for a very reasonable price. I would estimate for a set of 20 litre bags about $450. Again, you can fit any Kappa or Givi on this rack. I had previously priced the side racks and 20 litre bags last summer for my old VFR800 and the cost was just over $400 Cdn plus taxes.

Senior Member Journeyman

Kappa web site

Oh yeah..this might help...

www.kappamoto.com