Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

—» Want more? Road Trips & Planning

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 4253 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Givi Wingrack II - Fitting Kit??

Junior Member Padawan
    Just parted with my ZZR11 in the UK. Removed luggage system (Wingrack II and three boxes) and want to fit to 1200. Anyone know if Givi supply a specific fitting kit for the ZZR 1200 yet?

If so a picture of it on the bioke (without boxes) would be appreciated

Cheers
    Still not black enough .....

Senior Member Journeyman
    Yes there is a kit for the ZZR1200 to use the three case setup. The side bag mounts are the Givi tubular type. model# pl 441 You can see them at www.givi.it [img]www.givi.it/perlatuamoto/visualizza.asp?marca=KAWASAKI&modello-421#[/img]Sorry, I tried posting a link to the pic on the Givi web site, but I really have no idea what I am doing on the computer.

Bill

[ This message was edited by: basket on 26-01-2003 17:45 ]
    Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Let´s see if this works:

[ This message was edited by: swft on 26-01-2003 18:50 ]

Senior Member Journeyman
    Here you go Magic, thanks to swift action by Swft the pictures of the Givi mounts you were asking about. They are very similar to the Kawasaki mounts, though the Kawasaki ones don´t allow for the mounting of the trunk rack.
    By the way. that blue in the picture is one of the new colors we have in Canada for 2003.

Bill

[ This message was edited by: basket on 26-01-2003 20:27 ]

Member Padawan
    Sorry basket and swft, but that mounting has nothing to do with Givi wingrack II. Magic: I think there is no fitting kit for wingrackII to ZZR 1200.
    cheers.

[ This message was edited by: Lake on 26-01-2003 22:33 ]
    Lake

Senior Member Journeyman
    After looking at the Givi site again I see what Lake is referring to. The tubular Givi rack available for the ZZR does not work with Magics wing rack, but replaces it. You can however use it with the original cases.

Bill

Junior Member Padawan
    Thanx to Basket, Swft and Lake for the replies - much appreciated.

[img]images/forum/icons/icon27.gif[/img] Looks like I will have to buy the new fitting system and try and sell the old one!

Thanx for the pics Swft - liek the blue - only just arrived in the UK we are stuck with the Silver and Black to date.

Awesome bike even running in it feels so much stronger than the 1100 which was some bike anyway [img]images/forum/icons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mike

Junior Member Padawan
    For what it´s worth?I bought a wing rack system for my ZX10 a few years back. Of course, Givi no longer carried a system for the 10, so I got a ZX11 and with a little work/fabrication was able to get it to mount up quite nicely.

Two years later, I bought my VTR1000, and again, with a little bit of fabrication, fitted the same Givi system to that bike. Just by looking the photo´s posted, it doesn?t seem like much of a task to adapt the mounts I currently have for my new ZZR. Heck, if they can go from a Kawi ZX11 to a Hondas VTR?surely they can go back to a Kawi again[img]images/forum/icons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

It´s deadly cool here in Indy just now, and I´ve no heated garage. But when I get around to making the adaptation, I´ll post a few photo´s. (I think I have some pic?s of the ZX10 and VTR if anyone?s interested?the adaptation to the ZX10 was cake. The VTR took some work with flat rolled aluminum.)